Minor in Sociology
A minor in Sociology is a useful accompaniment to many majors on campus because we all live in a socially organized society and engage in daily social interaction. The minor consists of 18 units of Sociology coursework.
- Sociology 101: Introduction to Sociology (3 units)
- Sociology 102: Introduction to Social Problems, or Sociology 201: Elementary Social Statistics, or Sociology 301: Social Research Methods (3 units)
Note: Statistics 119 or 250 or Biology 215 will be accepted in lieu of Sociology 201.
Select one course from the following:
- Sociology 401: Classical Social Theory
- Sociology 403: Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Sociology 406: Intermediate Social Statistics
- Sociology 407: Survey and Experimental Research Methods
- Sociology 408: Qualitative Research Methods
- Sociology 410: Social Psychology: Mind, Self, and Society
- Sociology 412: Social Construction of Reality
- Sociology 430: Social Organization
- Sociology 433: Wealth, Status, and Power
Dr. Audrey Beck
Assistant Professor & Undergraduate Advisor
Phone: (619) 594-1321
Email: [email protected]
Advising Hours for Spring 2019 - W 11-12, Th 1:30-3:30 and by appointment.
To make an appointment outside these hours please visit Dr. Beck’s scheduling page.